Well…one year ago today we were making our way to London as the final stop off on our way back to the states. You might not believe this but not a day goes by where someone in the family doesn’t mention some aspect of our trip. I have no doubt that this family will be up for another adventure as soon as life settles down just a little bit more.
Here are some references / memories that stay with us.
- The Kubb set that we are waiting to use on a fall day, or when the temperature gets below 37 degrees. (Another nod)
- Sam still calls hot dogs “polse”
- We still call some things Norwegian food…some in a good way, some in a different way.
- We lament our ability to walk down to the ocean / fjord or into the hills depending on what we feel like.
- When the TV breaks we remember that we only watched TV huddled behind the laptop to catch our favorite shows for free.
- Sam saw a commercial or something about the London Olympics in 2012 and asked if we were going.
I know my blog posts are down about 50% over last year, but stay tuned. We are inevitably setting off on another adventure. We are going to spend a little more time figuring out what it is.