Hey boo boo!

Almost forgot to post something today…

In keeping with our adventure seeking spirit we trekked to another event listed in the same list that gave us the underwhelming Strawberry Festival. This time, however, we had some better luck. I think it was probably the weather that made this event more fun, but who cares why, we had a good time. Some mysterious group, (mysterious = I didn’t bother to find out) was sponsoring a “Picnic in the park” at the University of Tampa on Sunday. I was skeptical because anything named “Picnic in the Park” at the University I attended would involve a lot of things I don’t think I would be bringing my children along for…but off we went. 75 and sunny we found a parking place that didn’t mean trading a can of Miller Lite and a lap dance for, good start. We entered the park and immediately spied FREE ice cream. Now this is where the Strawberry Festival could have learned a thing or two. FREE? To test their ice creamy good will I sent Sam in for seconds. They didn’t even bat an eye. FREE! We sat in the sun, watched some strolling barbershop quartetters and some ladies in period costume. At the picnic in the park “period costume” was parasols and Victorian dresses, not sweat pants and a purse full of Midol. The kids wandered around, took in the nice weather, and generally had a good time. I spent zero money, had some “Blue Bunny” ice cream (this is why it was free…shameless plugs on a world renowned blog) and spent some time with the family that didn’t require a vaccination after the event. Here are some of the quality cell phone pictures I took.

IMAG0055 IMAG0053

IMAG0050 IMAG0060

No comments:

Post a Comment