Por favor

If you have been reading here long enough you might get the idea that I have an extensive list of pet peeves and things that annoy me. You might be right. I’ve been harassing Jen and Sara for quite some time now about yet another one of them. It’s not as funny as this exchange:

Person #1: “Can I ask you a question?”

Person #2: “I think you just did”

It IS, however, along those lines. Here is the line that gets me every time. “Can you do me a favor?” How can you possibly answer that question without at least having some vague idea of what the favor is? What if the favor is something like…Immerse yourself in chocolate syrup or Go beat up the neighbor? I cannot commit to any favor that might get me in trouble or danger or syrup. The problem about “Can you do me a favor?” is also that you can’t say “Well…that depends on the favor” without looking like a jerk. I think the idea is that you should assume that someone who is asking you a favor won’t hold you to a favor that puts you blindfolded and naked in the middle of the highway. I guess I’ll just keep answering this in the jerky fashion because I just know my family is waiting for me to answer “Yeah sure!” and then pay me back for years of “I don’t know. You watch.

1 comment:

  1. Since this blog has been able to make it for over a year now I decided to prepare a top ten list of things that I have learned from the WLL blog ....

    #10) Even Cardinal fans are good people.
    #9) Strange random thoughts can be funny.
    #8) Daily blog titles can be deceiving.
    #7) Never question the airport scales in Spain.
    #6) Smoked Lobster is as good as the sign says.
    #5) Wilma looks much taller in person.
    #4) Sam is cool.
    #3) Orion is the hub of honest American
    friendship.
    #2) The HomeRoamers blog was only a short term
    fad.
    #1) Man-pris will never make it in the Quad
    Cities.

    Happy Holidays to all of you !!!

    ReplyDelete