If I could bike 500 miles…

So if you even read the title then you probably have deduced that I have reached a milestone of sorts. Today I watched the odometer on my bike roll past a pretty impressive number. No it wasn’t the 500 miles as referenced in the title. But now your thinking to yourself, “Self….this being the 269th day of 2010 and crazy Jon being a strapping lad such as he is, he must have rolled that bike somewhere even more than the 500 miles he’s yapping about.” I’m here to tell you folks that I have just put 100 big ones on that two wheeler. This is the point where you start thinking to yourself, “Self…this being the 269th day of the year simple math says that old crickety Jon has only managed about a third of a mile a day, what a bum.” When I did all of this advanced math and figurin I was even more disappointed than I’m sure you are. The thing that keeps me going is that I think that the 2010 total is roughly 100 miles ahead of the 2009 total and I’m picking up steam. Today I rolled up to mile number 110.

It’s some pretty rough terrain too. Here are some shots I took while fighting the elements

IMG_20100926_100953 IMG_20100926_102051

IMG_20100926_102158

I’ll put it on “paper” now. My goal for 2010 is 501 miles.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Nader Safetyman in MolineOctober 6, 2010 at 2:27 PM

    I reviewed the photos you have submitted and my expert knowledge in safety has me a little concerned for you and your cycling activities. Please beware of the bridge area that could be inhabited by an ogre or a vicious troll. (see The Billie Goats Gruff for reference). The water area must be traveled with complete caution as Siamese fighting fish are known to leap at foolish looking cyclists as they pitter patter by the water.
    The tree areas provide camouflage
    for vagrants, game show hosts, and other undesirable occupants that could easliy over power you and confiscate your bike. Please proceed with caution and always remember the "Corvair". Travel at your own risk and always wear a helmet.
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete