Really? A thousand words?

So we are doing some decorating right? Jen wants a picture wall and I’m super nit picky about doing stuff like that. I have a weird thing about not wanting to put holes in walls. I’m not sure what that’s about. Maybe I don’t like fixing holes in walls and inevitably I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing that if I make the holes. The idea of putting 500 pictures on a single wall almost put me over the edge. It took Jen like 2 weeks to get me to even think about it.

The plan I came up with was to get all the pictures together and lay them out. I thought this would prove that it was a bad idea and Jen would decide we didn’t have enough pictures or something. Didn’t work. Once we argued over the layout of the pictures for a couple of hours my plan B was that maybe she would decide she didn’t like me anymore and we wouldn’t have to do it. Didn’t work. She likes me less now, but I still had to hang the pictures. Once we had the layout I decided that it would be a great idea to take a picture of the pictures as we agreed on them. Two reasons for this. One it would serve as a template to work off of once we picked the pictures off the floor and two it would provide evidence to the court should anything happen to me during this project. I’m just sayin’.

Here is the agreed upon layout. From high atop a barstool, which is curiously where I might end up after this is over, picture number 1.

pictures1

Here is the finished product.

pictures2Now for anyone with a really keen eye you might notice something that almost was really funny…if you aren’t me. AFTER I had taken the “This is what we agree upon” picture what do you think happens? Jen decided that she didn’t like some of the pictures in their frames and swapped them out. This made putting the puzzle back together slightly more fun.

Final note. I gave Jen a hard time in this post, but it was a good idea and she chose some great shots of our family. For those of you that notice your pictures aren’t included? I’m still pondering if you are worth another hole in a perfectly good wall.

5 comments:

  1. Inspector 12 in MolineSeptember 14, 2010 at 5:28 PM

    I really like the photo at the top of the assembly that looks like an air vent. It gives the entire collection a down to earth homey feeling. Nice work !!
    you have passed inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - where am I?????? I can just imagine how long this procedure took....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just paint that air vent red and you'll be in bizness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father used to flip out about us kids putting holes in the walls and I could never understand what the big deal was...now that I have walls I call my own, guess what? We've hung just one thing in almost 2 years. I can't bring myslef to do it, but I hear now they have double stick pads that work great...My folks have 2 walls done like this, and it keeps growing. I must say it definitely makes you feel at home. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete