17 hours, taxi, bus, train, plane, ferry...Norway

As I typed the title I was just joking, but I soon realized that we had travelled by every one of those options to get here at 3:00 this morning.  We picked up our exchangers car at 1:12 in the little Airport in Alesund only to find that we had until 1:35 to get the last ferry across to their home. Let me tell you.....I've driven in some bad conditions, but this one topped the charts. Let's have a look. 
  • Someone else's car
  • Different country
  • Snowing / sleeting - snow covered roads.
  • Deadline to get from point A to point B
  • Sleep deprived.
  • Did I mention it was a different country?
Ya know what? Not one wrong turn until we were literally yards away from our destination.

Anyhow...I'm sitting in a kitchen in Norway typing this with the mountains to my back and who knows how many feet of snow on the ground. I'm sure we will measure it in "Sams" later on today. We are 6 hours ahead of you for 3 months, so set your clocks. My heart can't take calls at 3:00 a.m anymore.

I'll post pictures a little later as I get the technology back in order. Cheers!



2 comments:

  1. Jon,
    Just so you know ....... The rules about yellow snow are internationally recognized. I am not sure about the rules concerning the use of your son as a measuring instrument. Please proceed with caution.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO glad to hear (read?) that you are all safely in your "new" home - I hope it's as delightful for you all as it sounds to me, a snow & mountain lover. And don't worry - that FL blood will thicken and you won't be so subject to cold! Looking fwd to pix and more news of your adventures. Love, Paul and Colleen

    ReplyDelete