Time killer post....boredom warning, read at your own risk.

I'm not kidding. The rule I have been following is: Don't post unless there is something interesting or important to write about. Well....I'm bored and I've been having some Seinfeld'ish observations regarding my surroundings. My apologies.

One of the things I've noticed both in Great Britain and in Norway is that there are very few garbage cans....but it isn't dirty. I started to notice this when I yelled at Sara for not being able to find a garbage can in the airport and stomped off mumbling to myself, "How hard can it be to find a garbage can?". Well....turns out I had to stomp around for quite a while until I found what might have been a garbage related bag and put the sandwhich wrapper in it. It seems that in Great Britain the "janitorial arts" consists of a vast army of people tasked with cleaning the country and if they put garbage cans everywhere these people wouldn't have anything to do.

I have also found that there are some things we take for granted in the U.S. that aren't as readily available in other countries. I will say that I am still not widely travelled, so I will correct this if I find that it changes later. 

Bathrooms are few and far between....and if you do find one in Norway you better have a 10 Kroner coin available as you may find yourself shut out. I also found this out at an unfortunate time. It would have been nice if I had discovered this and wisely tucked 10 Kroner in my pocket. Next time you are in the mall and have need to run into the well lit, clean, mega bathrooms, remember this. I've since figured out that I just have to look harder and get better at reading signs.

Parking and ice cubes have been covered in previous posts.

The big meat dish here is Reindeer. I haven't figure out yet if I am going to partake. Mostly because I'm not sure how I would feel at Christmas when Sam started asking awkward questions about Donner and Blitzen and looking at me funny.

That ought to about cover the boredom. I said my observations were Seinfeld'ish, but I don't think I really got to that level. Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment