That is all I really want to be-e-e!

As usual I’m writing here because I have a beef about something. It’s also a little amusing that I have a beef about, well, beef. Well, kind of. Hot dogs. Yesterday I went over to the recreation center across the street with Sam. We thought that we would take in a little league game, grab some ball park food, and otherwise just hang out together. You can basically get Sam to do or go anywhere with the promise of one of three things. Hot dogs, playgrounds, or “I’ll buy you something”. Ever since Norway me and Sam have had a connection based on the All American staple, the hot dog. I know that sounds contradictory, but since food was so expensive in Scandinavia they have many opportunities at hot dogs or various sausage concoctions. (Just don’t use the “ketchup”) Back to my issue. Next time you buy a hot dog try to run this one by them.

Cost of package of 10 hot dogs = approx. $1.99 – 20 cents per dog.

Cost of package of 10 buns = approx $1.29 – 13 cents per dog.

Cooking, prepping, blah, blah, blah…15 cents per dog?

Less than 50 cents to put a hot dog in my grubby little hands. How much do they charge for these hot dogs? sometimes up to $2.50. Let’s just say you sell 100 hot dogs in a day and you charge $2.00 over the cost of the hot dog per frank. Boom! $200.00 profit!

When Jen reads this she will know that it is all a ploy to revisit my idea of owning a hot dog cart, which is exactly what it is. This is, sadly, my aspiration in life. Selling hot dogs. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving that idea! Just THINK of the possibilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marketing Guy in MolineApril 18, 2010 at 4:05 PM

    Dogs by OZ,Ozzie Dogs,Sammy Dogs, Jenny Dogs,
    J-Dawgs, Carroll's Crazy Dogs, My Dogs are Barkin
    $8.00 dogs for $2.00, Sammy's College Dogs,
    Jon's Retirement Dogs, Free Dogs - $2.00 Buns,
    Jonny Dingo's Hot Dog Emporium, Sammy's Hot Dog
    Extravaganza, Cranky Old Man Hot Dog Palace ....

    ReplyDelete