2009 off to a good start

I'd love to write all sorts of new and interesting things here, but most of the time new and interesting equals something disheartening.

Dad is home and all blood levels and other medical jargon things are good. I talked with him the other day and he seems to have had a turn for the better in his speech and content. He has been content simply to repeat what you say back to you in an effort to avoid giving it much thought. I don't blame him. He has kicked the "stroller" (his name for a walker) aside and has chosen to upgrade to a cane. None of this sounds all that groundbreaking, but they are good steps that are encouraging.

We are a couple of days from a week into chemo treatment #2. I think that is the period of time that is most concerning to doctors. 

Couple of side notes: My family and I have had a 6 month home exchange trip to Europe planned for almost a year and we will be leaving in February. We leave Feb 4th and it will be quite an adventure. Details to come.

3 comments:

  1. Hello to the Carroll family. My name is Sandy Pettifer Fioretti and I want to wish you all the best. Our prayers are with you. I found this blog through Carol McDermott. When I lived in Orion, Wilma, Larry and I had some great times together. Wilma and I took turns taking you boys and my daughters (Amy & Andrea) to swimming lessons. Seems like yesterday! We are going through some similar problems in my family. Jim was recently diagnosed with primary liver cancer. We start radiation with SIR beads on Tuesday. Larry, you and Jim could probably write a book about hospital adventures. Know that our love and prayers are with you. Hope to come to Orion in the near future and hope to see you all. Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, all. Those are certainly very encouraging and good signs of progress. Glad Larry could give up the walker; they tried to have me use one when my knee was healing and I never could master it! We hope to visit on the 9th/10th - haven't heard yet if that's convenient for the Orion gang...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy - this is Jon, Wilma and Larrys son....My mom is asking for your e-mail address if you would like to contact them at wcarroll@frontiernet.net. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete