Trip post


Hi all...until I talk to Orion I don't have anything new, but in the interest of content I decided to give you some information on the upcoming trip to Scandinavia.

First, and don't even ask me details because it is a sore subject, we have to get our dog to Orion. It has turned into one of the silliest episodes of the trip. I am driving to Nashville, TN this weekend to meet my brother. There we are undertaking the old double secret handoff. He is going to turn around and drive the dog to St. Louis and eventually the dog will be staying in Orion as long as she doesn't pose a problem.

Second thing....to keep Sam from getting sad at the prospect of leaving his dog for 6 months, we had to tell him about a funny fact about our exchange in the Netherlands. We will be staying outside of an urban area and the family has some pets Sam needs to take care of. Chickens! Sam has been appointed "Animal helper". He loves the idea....for now.

We have almost completed our "How to use the Carroll home" manual. I had no idea taking care of a pool had so many steps until I had to write it all down, take pictures and try to explain how to do it considering the users of the document won't be native speakers of English. We heard from our Norwegian friends that their daughter Celine keeps asking how many days until they get to Florida and one of the main reasons is the pool. Lastly...here are some pictures of our Norwegian home for 6 months. I think you can spot some mountains in the background.

2 comments:

  1. Sure, rub it in, first you talk about the weather in Florida, then your trip and then SAM gets to take care of Chickens, life is not fair!!!!! See you in TN, I expect a steak dinner along with a few beverages!! FYI, Dad answered the phone the other day, talked to him for about 10 minutes, sounds so much better on the phone and ability to talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete