Frustrating.

If anyone would like to just scroll down to the post labeled "Back to the Hospital...briefly?" you can probably use that as an update for today.

Last night my dad was complaining of a headache and was quite tired....so...off to the ER we go. By "we" I mean my mom and my dad. It then becomes an exercise in waiting around for this one and that one to stamp this paper and get this paper signed.

Currently my dad is in room 156 at Trinity, Terrace Park, in Bettendorf, IA. This is apparently in closer proximity to his hematologist / oncologist, who also was the attending physician last night when they got there. He has had two units of blood to increase his hemoglobin levels, and all scans that they did were normal for anything troubling. I believe the plan is to wait to get the current blood tests back and to get him home if everything is stable. His headache had cleared up after sitting around the ER for a while. Funny...but that would have given me a headache.

I will let everyone know later how this goes. My mom feels it was probably a good thing since the weather there was going to make it rough to get into an appointment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment