Today...check the date, cuz who knows when "today" is.

Not a lot to report, but if I don't keep posting I'll feel bad.

I talked with dad this morning. For those of you that haven't talked to him, he is a little more emotional than he has ever been. Don't be surprised when you do speak with him that he gets upset and teary sounding. I'll ask him when I'm home what it is he gets upset about, but I think he just misses having everything normal. I'm sure he would rather talk baseball or something else than how he is feeling that day, how tired he is, or what's next. I try to keep it lighthearted and eventually he gets around to being more like himself.

Chemo starts at around 8:45, Monday December 15th. He is going to have it done outpatient at his doctors office and will take a few hours. I think my mom said that the doctor is hoping to see some results in only a few treatments. He will be going every two weeks for a while. I'll have to get the exact schedule later.

Let me know of any messages to pass on. Me and my family are travelling to Orion next weekend and hope to be there by 12/21. It's quite a drive...one that I've never had to make. Too bad the frequent flier miles disappeared so quickly.

Hope everyone is well. 

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment