Just checking in

I'm adding to my wide library of sayings and cliches that mean "Nothing new". Today's saying is: "Nothing to see here, move along." On that note I've added a number of blog links to the right hand side of the page. Most of them are blogs that I check when I need a good laugh or a trivia question for the bar. It will also make me feel better to have links to other sites when all I have to type about is, well, not much. 

I did talk to dad today and Paul and Colleen the day before that. Things seem to be the same as they have been. I'm glad someone stopped in to say hi. I think there have been fewer visitors lately and that's ok too. There's probably a happy balance between too few and too many visitors. When people come by I think he tries to take it up a notch  so they don't think he's different. I saw that during our hectic visit over Christmas that this type of activity caused him to talk, walk, and think more than usual and by the end of the visit he was doing better. Tired, but better.

As long as things stay quiet I've talked to my mom and a couple of people about using the blog to post information about our trip to Europe that starts in like 3 weeks. If this bothers anyone in any way, let me know. I certainly don't want to take the focus away from the intent of the blog.

We leave for London on February 4th, spending a few days there before we move on to Alesund, Norway for 3 months. Strangely enough weather.com had shown the temperature there to be 41 degrees the other day. Somewhere around April 25th we will be moving on to Middelburg, Netherlands, or more accurately, somewhere near there. We will be in the Netherlands for 4 weeks, travelling to Madrid, Spain for a week, and after that to our final destination, Gothenburg, Sweden. We arrive home around the beginning of August. Just in time for the kids to start back to school.

Again...if tales of "the trip" are a distraction to anyone, please let me know. I won't be offended and it will help me decide how to proceed. jcarroll01@verizon.net

Thanks for checking in. Chemo round #3 tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Love, Jon

1 comment:

  1. Hi... I like the idea of reading about your adventures in Europe and look forward to it. So... blog on!

    How did the chemo go and how is your Dad now? We really enjoyed our visit this past weekend and the Sequence games - especially since the girls won! I do have to say there was absolutely nothing wrong with your Dad's brain when it came to playing that game! I know he got impatient when I took too long analyzing what was my best next move...and always knew whose turn it was and who had played what card. We left for about 4 hours in the afternoon to visit granddaughter Bonnie in Alpha; when we got back to Orion, Larry was ready to pick up Sequence where we'd left off and knew it was my turn to deal. We saw a lot of improvement in the residual effects of the strokes since our December visit...incl sense of humor returning and close to normal speech.

    Y'all take care! Love, Paul and Colleen
    PS - how do I change our (Paul's) picture on the blog?

    ReplyDelete