May the Tribulation Force be with you!

I’m just now realizing that I have never lived IN a city before. I’m pretty sure that living just off of 23rd ave. in Moline doesn’t qualify. I’ve already come across some interesting scenes in the short time we’ve been “downtown” and I thought I’d share a couple.

I was walking to a local coffee shop on a brisk Saturday morning and as I walked past the bus stop something caught my eye. I usually don’t look at the bus stops, well, because you see thing like I saw and it can make your entire day confusing. On the sidewalk under the bus stop sneeze guard enclosure were the following items:

- One pair of loafers. Good condition. I would say approx. size 12.

- One pair of jeans. Laid out flat, as if to dry, or as if the person wearing them was lying there and simply turned to powder, ala a possible “Rapture” thing.

- One muffin, bran (it seemed) with a bite out of it. I would hate to get raptured after only one bite of a muffin. I guess I wouldn’t make the cut if I had this thought huh?

- A pair of socks, not matching. Is that still a pair? or two singles?

- A cigarette butt…still smoldering.

What was missing from the entire picture was a human. No one to be found. I did notice the shoes and the pants were gone when I passed by on the way home.

Ok…I’m only sharing one story at a time I’ve decided. I know full well that I will get to a point and not be able to think of anything to write. Remind me to tell the one about the fire engines at some point.schoolbus

No comments:

Post a Comment