All I want is to be left alone in my average home!

I will try to break my streak of cynicism here tomorrow, but for today you get some more.

You ever notice those “Neighborhood Watch” signs?

imagesDo you think that as the criminals are trolling around looking for places to do crimes they are thwarted by these signs? Does the conversation go like this:

Criminal #1: Hey Joe. Look at that place over there! Corner lot, shades closed, grass is overgrown….lets take them for everything they have!

Criminal #2: Are you kidding? Did you see the sign? The neighborhood is watching. We don’t stand a chance.

There was about 3 weeks in the 80’s that people in these neighborhoods got together at one of the neighbor houses, had some beers and talked about taking back the streets. The toured the streets for a couple of hours with flashlights, patted themselves on the back for 265 consecutive crime free days and moved on. I’m sorry, but I laugh when I see these signs. Are the neighborhoods without the signs at serious risk? Do you just have to buy a sign? I’m always looking for the people to peer out of their windows as I drive through their streets, just begging them to bust out the Bat signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment