Check please!

I saw the craziest thing today at the market. I had gathered all of my purchases and taken my place in line at the “Less than 10 items” checkout just behind a guy with 11 purchases, go figure. When it came time to pay the most curious thing happened. This guy reaches into his pocket and brings out some strange rectangular wallet. He asks the clerk for a pen and proceeds to take 20 minutes transacting his business. Seems he wrote some sort of note to the cashier on a piece of paper, she took it and his drivers license, and then they gave him the groceries. I can’t imagine how this deal works. They must have to gather all of these notes and trade them somewhere to get money. What a weird system.

1 comment:

  1. I have been working on a new blog entry regarding my own personal experience in writing one of these "notes". Apparently if you don't write notes very often then they put you in a different status than the other "note" writers.
    My blog entry will include detailed descriptions of the friendly cashier, the angry looking supervisor, the disgruntled shopper behind me, and the follow up call to the company that denied my "note". Its the classic tale of the shopping / customer service loop of doom. Coming soon at "Stagnant Dust in the Fish Dome".

    ReplyDelete