This, that, and the other thing.

I don't have any new pictures and I don't have any new news from Orion, but I do have some thoughts, observations and complaints about travelling and other travel related things.

Standing in line:
Living in Florida and visiting theme parks like Universal and Disney I've done my fair share of standing in line. I have had few problems doing so. In the last two weeks I have been pushed aside, bumped aside and just plain "line cut" no fewer than a dozen times. It seems that there is not much international respect for "the line". I have taken to defending my place in line, strategically placing luggage and my children in the way of possible offenders.

Ice
Why doesn't the rest of the world use ice? I can't figure out what the reason is. Seriously. 

Discoveries
I have discovered the wonder of having multiple comforters for sleeping. Here we each have a small comforter in the same bed. This way we don't battle for the covers. You can each have separate thicknesses for comfort. When we get back we are adopting this one
Next time you are in a Supermarket, know that there is a reason they are called "Super". Comparing the Land O Lakes Publix with the markets I have come across here, the differences are extreme. Noting bad...just different.
Big Ben is the name of the bell, not the tower.

Snow days
Boy if you lived here you would never expect a snow day again.

That is most of it for now. Sara had a blast at her school today. She survived the swim and made some new friends already. They are all anxious to try their English out on her. The neighbors here are also very nice. Our luck continues to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment