Geiranger

Wow…what a day. To get the drama out of the way, we made it to Alesund with time to spare, sauntered over to the ship, walked up to the reception and bought our tickets. I think I will pass on the opportunity to discuss the customer service skills of the person who sold me the tickets, maybe for another time. I think that even Norwegians would agree that the service industry here could use a makeover. I promise….it will make the blog later.

Our cruise left at 9:30, arrived in Geiranger at around 1:30, and returned to Alesund at 6:00. A nice full day of cruising the Norwegian fjords. I will preface the pictures you will encounter further along, with the warning that the weather wasn’t at its best. It was quite cloudy and not very warm. The temperature was no big deal, but if you want to get the best views of the fjord, clouds are not your friends. We saw a ton of waterfalls on the way, some immense cliff faces, and very cool snow topped mountains. Here are some of the better pictures, might as well just get that out of the way. I know you would rather see it than have me describe it.

Hurtigruten 038 Hurtigruten 046

Hurtigruten 055 Hurtigruten 103

It was a great day with the family and we had a lot more fun than we could ever put in pictures. I have many other thoughts to post, but I know everyone is just hitting refresh over and over again, waiting for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment