Synch or swim

So we’re on the plane right? I settle in, start to peruse the movie offerings and realize that I’m going to be able to watch like 3 movies during this marathon flight home. I flip through the in-flight movie offerings and get even more psyched…WOW! There’s like 5 movies I would like to see here, including a bunch of new releases. This is where things go south. I cheerfully TRY to plug the headphones into the jack, but it won’t go in. The flight attendant comes over to try, as if there is some different way of plugging in a set of headphones. There are no other seats on the flight, so changing seats is out. Don’t worry though because the flight attendant has a great idea….ready? She offers me…drum roll…the NEWSPAPER! I really tried not to give her the “Are you kidding me?” look, I really did. To be fair she also offered me a comment card. At this point me and the old lady next to me worked out what seemed to be a great deal. We would both start the same movie at the same time and I would use her audio and my video. This would have worked out perfectly, but this lady had some sort of malady that caused her to bump the screen about every 15 minutes which resulted in HER movie being paused. I played the fast forward – pause synchronization game for 3 different movies, it was quite relaxing. I guess I’m glad I had this option, because I’m pretty sure I wasn’t going to be reading the newspaper for 6 hours. I wish British Airways would have broken some guitars instead of their planes.

1 comment: