Cyber-Surgery

Now that I’ve given Tampa General the business by busting on their in–house McDonalds I feel I’m obligated to give them credit for something.

They have this very cool system for the waiting room that gives updates on whoever you are waiting for. From arrival to the recovery room and throughout whatever procedure is being done they have the status on the TV in the waiting room. Now if you are like me I’m already thinking about how they can make it better and here are the things I have come up with.

1. – Pay per view surgery – let’s say you are bored watching the pretty color coded screen for some update and want some additional upgrade. They should offer up some video of ongoing, interesting surgeries. Who knows? Maybe they would inspire someone in the waiting room to go on to a medical career. I think it would drive down the McDonalds business however.

2. – Online betting on status updates – This one COULD take a morbid turn, but I think it’s worth looking into.

3. – Twitter / Facebook synergy – Maybe the surgeon could post some pics or one liners about what they are doing live and online. How cool would that be? Maye you could even pose questions to the operating room while the surgery is going on.

If you need a million dollar idea, just drop me a line. I have tons of them. I only ask for a modest return on my intellectual property.

1 comment: