D-U-M

I think that I’m smart. You guys should know that, I write it here all the time. So why do I keep doing dumb things and in some cases the same dumb things I’ve done before? Is it some sort of human evolutionary glitch? A constant test of our level of usefulness? At some point I think I’m going to do the same dumb thing for the 50th time and something in the universe will be triggered and I will just disappear.

Dumb things I have done in the last week…most of them related to pool maintenance.

1. – Put muriatic acid in the pool in a haphazard way causing a cloud of acid to sweep through my pool cage…with me in the middle. I seriously almost dove into the pool to escape it. How’s that for a thought process? Escape the cloud of acid you just created by jumping into the area you just put the most acid.

2. – Opened the pool filter bare handed. This sounds tame enough until I tell you that it is made of fiberglass. I will now have red, itchy hands and wrists for the rest of the day. BONUS: This time I didn’t open it by taking off my shirt, wrapping my arms around it, and twisting…the wrong direction. This time.

3. – Twice this week I have jumped on my bike, looked at the sky and thought, “It probably won’t rain on me". Ummm…it rains almost every day here at the same time every day. Oooh…Jon…don’t forget to put your cell phone in you pocket so it gets soaked!

Ok, so it’s only 3 things for now, but we are only 3 days into the week. Two of them have caused my physical discomfort, so I’m headed in the wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment