Ringo shops here

I noticed that it has been a lot easier to park at one of our favorite lunch spots around Land O Lakes. The thing I noticed second is that it is because half the businesses in the plaza are boarded up. How is it that the crappy old pet store in the same plaza opens up day after day selling parakeets and gold fish, but Quiznos and a liquor store are closed down? I’m always amazed, especially in this economy, that there are certain businesses that are open that make no sense to me. I’m going to have to start taking pictures of them and we can all speculate together what is keeping X store open when Y store closes. Example: There is this little hobby shop down the road. They sell old train sets, remote controlled airplanes, and other gizmos. Right next door is a music shop selling sheet music and drumsticks and not the finger licking kind…unless you’re weird. How do they do it? Maybe I need to sit and talk with the owners and find out.

2 comments:

  1. We actually did this completely by accident. It was a while back, before there were any other music stores in the area. My youngest son needed his guitar restrung, so we thought with such a "happy" business name, how could you go wrong? When we walked in, I immediately got that "You ain't from around these parts, are ya?" feeling. It turned out that stringing the guitar would be somewhat of a time-consuming, physical challenge. Little did we know that we'd end up in the "Twilight Zone", locked inside the store after-hours with the very slow-working, long-winded owners. To say our experience was a bit creepy, would be an understatement. So if you do follow through with your interview, maybe you should plan to go on Halloween. That way, all will be normal! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I knew that place wold be creepy. I'm not in the market for anything musical, especially if Ma and Pa Bates work the place.

    ReplyDelete