Mario, Luigi, and me

I can’t decide if it is cool to be a hero or not. It would be cool to be a hero for the right thing I guess. Saving a busload of people from some disaster, getting a kitten out of a tree, you know the drill. I’m a hero in a whole different world. For the past few months every time my kids get stuck in Super Mario Bros. I get the call. For a while it was cool. I’d hear, “Get daddy…he’ll be able to do it, he’s the best at this game.” I’m now concerned that I might have hit my highest point. What if this is it? Long after I’m gone are they going to sit around and talk about how good I was at a kids video game? I guess I’m scared because we watched a documentary the other night about some SUPER geeks that had the world record for another video game. I watched it thinking, “Man, these guys are seriously impaired”. I think I might be one of them. I’m going to go out and lift some weights and build some things with power tools now.

No comments:

Post a Comment