Father’s day

Happy Father’s day dad!

I’m a lucky guy. At some point today I will get to tell my dad hi, happy father’s day and that I love him. I’ve been very lucky over the years to have my dad in my life and to be able to share my time and my family with him. I don’t think I’ve had an argument with dad in forever, probably since I was a teenager. I’ve spent the last 8 months or so thinking about my dad on a daily basis as I write about the things we do, the trouble he has had, and the triumphs too. I look forward to coming home to tell him these same things in person. The other day Jen was goofing around with Sam and asked him what his “long” name was, trying to get him to say Samuel. Sam thought about it for a minute and said…”Samuel Lawrence Carroll”. As I remember that moment today I realize how special father’s day is to me. I get to celebrate the two “Larrys”. I love you dad. I’ll see you soon.

Cards2 DadSam3

Dad3 Dad2

GDad

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great pictures. Happy Father's Day. Youd Dad & Mom are coming to Kc next week. ope he stays well enough to make that trip. Ray will be here and will see if
    Bud will come. Sunny & Toby should have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, Dad C. I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug - and have a nice chocolate malt from Whitey's! Love you!! -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I love you, looking forward to seeing you. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete