(Insert Swedish chef joke here)

We finally wandered into Gothenburg proper for a short look around. After the requisite parking maneuvers – finding a spot, finding the proper coin from the proper country, finding the machine and then running the ticket back to the car – we went investigating. We only managed about an hour of fun because the APC day was about to start back at my computer and we couldn’t wander far from the meter. Apparently the parking fines in Sweden are even more stiff than those in Norway. I think I’m going to get one of those machines for Hawk Hill Loop back home. The mail lady is always mad at the guys next door for parking near her mailboxes and I can probably make some good coin off of that group. The event of the day was lunch. We stopped at a little cafe, sat outdoors and let Sara order for us. The guy who ran the place seemed to speak pretty good English, so I had to ask him to let Sara practice. Imagine my surprise that the “Meal of the day” was Swedish meatballs. I’m not sure why, but I kinda figured that Swedish meatballs were sort of fake, as in not really Swedish, just called that. Sam and I had the meatballs and they were great! It seems that the meatballs are served with a local berry and you are supposed to eat them together. Sara had to coax me into trying it, but the combination was also very tasty. Lingonberry in case you are interested. All in all it was a good start to our time here near Gothenburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment