Mama Mia, turn down the music!

It all started out just like it was supposed to. Our visitors arrived with no problems. They were exhausted, but happy to sit down, get settled, and enjoy a great meal that Jen cooked. How great was this? I started to become aware of the party happening behind the house during dinner, but thought little of it. Probably just some family getting together for a BBQ and a few beers. At 2:00 a.m. as I was listening to “JUMP” by Van Halen at full blast and suffering the slurred Swedish speech coming from across the fence I was less than impressed. I even heard children running around screaming. Needless to say this was less than a perfect introduction to Sweden for Jen’s sister and her family. At around 2:30 I contemplated going over there, but given my luck encountering people who don’t understand me I thought that trying to explain how rude they were being wouldn’t go over well…in any language. It’s roughly 10:30 a.m. here and everyone is still trying to sleep off the effects of either jetlag, or ABBA Fest 2009. It’s going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment