All the good titles are taken

There isn’t a lot of news today from the Netherlands. My mom has posted a “Larry update” below this one and he is tackling the evil chemotherapy drugs again today. After today he will have one more treatment, on Sam’s birthday, and then hopefully the healing process can begin. I’m looking forward to returning to the States and seeing them both. On the not so good note my mom sounded below, our friends the Farwells are just beginning a similar journey as Ron Sr. starts chemotherapy shortly to tackle a lymphoma. Anyone who is interested in keeping an eye on Ron and his family can find their blog here. POPPY We are pulling for him and his family and hope everything goes well.

We have been getting regular reports and pictures from Land O Lakes from our exchange partners Piet and Lies Stam. They have been navigating the sometimes confusing aspects of our home and especially our pool, but seem to be doing an admirable job. I played a little joke on them the other day and photoshopped myself mowing the field next door and complaining that the yard here was very big. It took a couple of e-mails before they realized what the joke was. I’m just so good at Photoshop I guess. I’ll include the picture below and you can have a laugh yourself. It’s no coin pooping donkey, but funny nonetheless.

The weather here has been a little more harsh than the previous week and we all have colds which is putting a short term damper on our activity. We will recover for our Mother’s day trip to Paris this weekend….hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment