Time is on my side

I think somewhere much further down in this blog I was debating the merits of our current schedule. Today I decided to actually think about it and have made up my mind. If I could get the clocks to cooperate I would much rather work this schedule. Consider my day so far.

8:00 – 8:30   Wake up, grab some coffee, see if the Cardinals won the night before and catch up on e-mail.

9:00   Get dressed, take a shower, get some breakfast and take in the morning.

10:00  Go for a morning bike ride or walk, run some errands, play with Sam and Sara

Noon   Lunch time

1:00    Write an entry in the blog, get another cup of coffee, take in the last hour of freedom.

2:00   Go to work.

After that it’s boring, but I end up shutting down the computer and going to bed after a bit. It also forces us to eat dinner at home, since I can’t really take a bunch of time during what is normally a lunch break. It’s much easier to get going for work after I’ve been up for a few hours and not trying to get my wheels spinning. I find it interesting, also, to deal with the people at work from about 8:00 a.m. (their time) until about 11:00. Everyone else is still getting going, grabbing coffee, lamenting the week ahead. I’ve already been through that process and I’m ready to go. I definitely think I’m on to something, problem is….the damn time zones won’t cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment