A kroner saved is a euro earned

No one told me there would be any math on this trip. After our trip to Denmark I realized that my brain is REALLY tired of math. Specifically currencies and time. I find myself momentarily perplexed at the grocery store now as I try to remember what trick I’m using to convert the cost to U.S. dollars. Then I wonder why I really converted anything at all because I was going to buy it anyhow. Maybe I’m trying to guard against getting tricked into buying the $20 pack of gum or something. We have dealt with 5 currencies during the trip and all of them have different values to the dollar. Even funnier is that while we have been traveling the valuations have changed enough to make my conversion “tricks” change. Oh and I blew the time zone thing the other day. I called my mom to find out how dad was doing…..at 4:00 a.m. her time. I’m sure that helped her stress level with dad in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment