Me love you long term

Ok Wilhouse family…get a load of my latest parking ticket story.

By now you all know about our issues getting going on trips. We rush around, goof off, and just wait for the unexpected to happen rather than planning for it. We never leave enough time. I vowed it would be different this time!!! We arrived at the train station in plenty of time for the most part….30 minutes before the train left. Jen spots the long term parking sign which is written in Swedish and is gibberish to me. Can’t get any better…we are parking and we are on time. Wrong. We park and search out the parking kiosk to pay and get our ticket. Now I know that terms, phrases, and words have different meanings in different languages, but to me long term is, well, long term. NOT 24 HOURS! We parked in the parking area that only allows 24 hour parking after paying. We decided to go up into the terminal and ask around for some clarification. This is where it goes all to hell. For once I actually find that everyone I do ask about this situation DOES speak English, the problem is they don’t know a damn thing about parking. Not a single soul had any idea what to do if you wanted to park at the bus/train terminal for longer than 24 hours. Great. At this point we had no choice but to leave the car where it was and hope that the parking police weren’t as diligent on Sunday afternoon. Skipping ahead 33 hours it seems that there is no slacking in the parking dept. Parking ticket #2 in country #2. The only thing consistent at this point is the fine. $50. Seriously…I can only take so many of these $50 lessons in travelling Scandinavia. If I do write a book about these experiences you will be in on an inside joke because the price is going to be $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment