More of nothing about something.

Let’s review. Nothing happening in Orion. Holding pattern here in Sweden. If I were in Iran I would have something to tell you about, but it’s not a big home exchange location really. I’m relegated to either making the mundane interesting, or making stuff up. You can decide which I’ve done here.

- We’ve been watching “Mad Men” from Amazon after downloading season 1. If you haven’t seen it you should check it out. Madison Avenue Ad men set in the early 60’s. The sets and wardrobe alone would keep you interested for a few episodes…although some of you lived it, so maybe not.

- Pat and Leo, thanks for Sam’s birthday card. The international postal system could use some improvement. We have had mail returned to our people in Norway, forwarded mail from the Netherlands and pretty much general chaos for mail. Hell, mail has been around forever I can’t believe it’s still this hard.

- Tolerance is critical to a successful long term relationship. You need to be able to tune out certain stuff that gets old and let it pass you by without getting annoyed or upset. – Not sure where I got that from but I’ll source it here LINK

- There’s nothing worse than coming across a book that you think you would really like to read and then realize it is in another language. Well, ok there are worse things.

- NEVER take the E6. It just isn’t worth the aggravation.

- Yes I’ve had Swedish meatballs. Curiously this is one of the first questions that gets asked when I tell people where I am. It’s sad in many ways.

- Forget hamburgers and ice. I miss tacos.

2 comments: