A little hole in the wall


Ok, this is gonna sound wimpy but I'm going to tell you this story. I've been in tunnels before, lets get that part straight. You know the kind...The Ted Williams tunnel in Boston, lit up like it's daytime, 10 lanes wide. I've even been in tunnels that I had considered kind of creepy, but they were usually measured in yards, like 800 yards max. Well...I got the full tunnel treatment this weekend. We had decided to visit some of the nearby islands to some beaches, lighthouses, and various other "things to see" and we knew that the trip involved using tunnels. Big deal, you pop in one side, you pop out the other. Here comes the wimpy part. First, these tunnels were long. I think we went through 3 of them and each was about 2 miles long. Second, these tunnels were dark. Fred Flinstone dark. Third, these tunnels were deep and steep. I laughed at the speed limit signs that said 50 km/hr since that would be like scooting down a ski slope on your butt. I won't even complain about the $20 it cost to use the tunnels because for me it was like an amusement ride, but I got to drive. Sam and Sara, however, are still strapped into the back seat. We can't get their hands unclenched from the seats. Gotta go. I have to bring them some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment