Orion post

I called Orion today to get an update and see if anything is going on. There isn't much to report except my Mom and I were discussing chemo and other things and I realized that Dad is halfway done with his chemo. 6 down and 6 to go with # 7 scheduled for Monday. He is still struggling to gain or even maintain his weight, but seems to be hanging in there. He is attending a workout type program called "Pulse" that keeps an eye on people while they workout and apparently it involves taking their pulse. Marketing genius huh?

On a sad, but curious note, my Mom and Dad attended the funeral procession of Sgt. Schuyler Patch, who was killed in Afghanistan last week. The curious part is that they mentioned that they were on the news as they watched the procession. The more curious part was that I managed to grab a still shot from the video and I am posting it here.

I have an enormous amount of respect for the members of our military for their service and dedication. My thoughts go out to this mans family and the families of the other service members doing their job. My father has served as an honor guard for the Orion American Legion and I'm sure that he shares my thoughts and would want me to pass them along as his own.

3 comments:

  1. They both look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Larry and Wilma its like seeing you on tv. Its nice to see you Take care I here your doing better. Love you both

    ReplyDelete