It was the best of meals, it was the worst of meals…

Yesterday was a tale of two meals. For lunch we traveled to the “Fish church” to take a look at the central fish market and have some lunch. I didn’t have anything at the fish church. I took a look at the menu and chickened out. I’m more of a white fish, no shellfish, meat and potatoes kind of guy and I didn’t see anything on the menu I thought I would like. Turns out I missed the boat. Jen had a fish kabob with some very tasty items on it and the kids had some yummy pasta and salmon. John Wrenn, looking for the Swedish experience, had a fish tapas dish with a wide variety of things. We sat on the deck outside next to the canal and had a great time. See picture below. NOW….let’s talk about dinner. I tried to cook a pork tenderloin on the grill…an unfamiliar grill. I tried to use a thermometer that I wasn’t sure worked…it didn’t. We ended up with some pork jerky and eating steaks that Jen and Beth chased down at the store at around 8:00 p.m. I think we wrapped up dinner at around 9:00 or later and had quite a few laughs about it. No pictures of the dinner. You might never eat pork again.

DSCN3192 DSCN3195

2 comments:

  1. Was the thermometer in Celsius? You know...the whole metric thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....couldn't get the thing past 45...then it occurs to me that it had been stuck there for quite some time. I'm still chewing.

    ReplyDelete