Mow, mow, mow the lawn…

I’m getting “greener” as time goes on and this house has offered a unique opportunity to test my resolve. It’s the lawn mower. The lawn here is super small and doesn’t really meet the requirements for buying a real lawn mower, or so I thought. These guys have a manual push lawn mower. You know the old school, spinny blade if you stop pushing, it stops working type? Here is a picture just so you know what I’m talking about.

LawnMowerSafety_1.jpg

Here are the aspects one might not consider when purchasing such as item. First you have to mow the lawn about 5 times. Back, forth, side to side and back again. Some might say that if your blade is sharp you shouldn’t have to. To those people I say…baloney. You also don’t seem to be able to get as close to edges as you might like. The last point is probably the one to consider the most. When you are mowing the lawn with the old “polluter”, it’s nice and loud. You can’t hear the kids bitching at each other, you can’t hear anyone telling you to do other things, nothing. Sometimes at home I mow our lawn 2 or 3 times just to have some peace and quiet. At my house I have built in free time. If I say I’m going to mow the lawn everyone tells me to have a good time and doesn’t question me. I’m pretty sure it is because they don’t want to do it themselves. If they only knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment