Apples and Pears!

I’m sure a lot of you have seen or heard about Dutch homes or architecture. The houses are highlighted in interesting colors, gables, red roofs, and maybe you’ve heard of the stairs? If you haven’t I’m here to give you fair warning that if anything goes wrong on this exchange it will involve the stairs. This home is a very nice 1922 farm house with beautiful windows and gardens. I’m not sure how long the Stams have lived here, but they have pictures of their family, friends, and what seem to be fun times and good people. Now that I have all the good things out of the way, back to the stairs. Dutch homes are known for some quirkiness and one of those quirks is the tendency to have spiral, narrow, steep stairs. These types of stairs make for great style and design, but they are just begging for a broken leg. I live with a 4 year old who has tripped and fallen over invisible things. My wife once hurt her ankle by twirling it in the air. What are the chances we are going to survive these stairs? I’d be willing to take bets on it, but I think my audience is inclined to bet that it would be ME succumbing to the evil stairs. No such luck people! I will survive! In the meantime, this is the best photo I can muster.

Catch me!

2 comments: