Pack mules

Just a short post before we depart for Madrid. I think we’ve complained about lugging our, well, luggage through the airports and on trains, but we’ve never quite outlined what this really means. The best way I can do that is by showing you a picture. This picture is EVERY single bit of stuff we have with us. Since this is my blog I’ll get in my complaint about who carries what. 5 bags….3 of them are mine. I think mine weighs the most, but both Jen and I drag about 32 lbs. per pack. Sara’s pack is about 25 lbs. and the Sam pack is probably 15. Add in the APC backpack with my computer and we are at about 110 pounds.

Take a look. I get to carry the black pack, the red pack, and the small blue back pack. Jen gets the pink one, Sara gets the blue and Sam just has to pay enough attention to stay with us.

DSCN2487

2 comments:

  1. Hi...great picture! Paul wants to know if your cold weather clothing is in those bags? And I want to know why we didn't get a picture of the old naked guy on his bike! Where's your next "home" and when do you get back to your real home? What a wonderful adventure you're all having and what priceless memories you're storing up! Hopefully Sam will remember at least some of it! You should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late response. MOST of the cold weather gear went home with Grandma in Holland...but it was there at one point. My camera skills weren't fast enough to catch the naked guy. I probably would have been the goofier one chasing a naked guy on a bike. August 2nd. is "Back to Florida" day....I think. Keep an eye out for a book, who knows.

    ReplyDelete