I’ll take credit for that.

I’m going to start off with the premise that “Maybe they are right” and then go on to tell you what is bothering me today and why I think it’s wrong. This never works with my children or my wife, but maybe in the written form it will fly.

Here is the Netherlands it is kind of rare that establishments take credit cards. Maybe it’s just this part of the Netherlands, maybe I look shady and people are just telling me they won’t take my credit card, but it is kind of frustrating. I’m not trying to charge my way through Europe, I’m simply trying to use my debit card so I don’t have to walk around with wads of cash. I’m not sure why they don’t take credit cards and I’m sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation, but it is an annoyance. I did watch another foreign couple get all of their groceries scanned at the checkout and see the lady stand there with her credit card saying “What? No card?” and wondering what to do next. These are the people I usually end up behind in line, but I felt sorry for her.

Well…I’m off to wake the family and take Grandma to get a bike. We are going to introduce her to our favorite places and see what observations she has of our new temporary home. I will leave you with a couple of pictures from the beach the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment