Just a bunch of bullets

I thought I’d take a moment and give you my impressions of Paris, the ones that you can’t see in the pictures.

Just some stuff
  • Interestingly I have now navigated my way through the subways of New York, London, Paris, Boston, and Baltimore. I like the subway, but there is no room for loiterers or much time for learning on the subway. I paused to look at a map in Paris and a soccer mom grabbed me by the shoulder and tossed me aside. I didn’t even have time to react and she was gone.

  • I didn’t find the Parisians to be as rude as they are rumored to be. I did, however, find them amused at us. When it became apparent that we were Americans or outsiders, they got this little smirk on their faces and I think they slipped us different menus. We had two completely different experiences dining in Paris. We had two meals that were wonderful, fun, interesting and had none of the brusque manner I expected. The rest of the meals were either not very good or were served with a smirk and enough service to get you fed and out. I will let Jen blog about the two great meals. These types of experiences are better served by her writing style.

  • I think you would need to dedicate about two weeks time to properly experience Paris and that is just to get a well rounded experience. To REALLY experience it I think you might have to live there and I don’t think I could afford it.

  • We really should look into the situation in Sri Lanka. I only mention this because the protest that went on outside our hotel every night makes me wish there wasn’t a situation in Sri Lanka.

Funny things that happened
  • I almost drove us on to the tram tracks in Brussels. Sorry Piet, but your car almost became part of the Brussels public transportation system.

  • I watched the most inept fire juggler in the world. I only watched him for as long as I did because he had a huge dreadlock hairdo and I was convinced that he was going to turn into the best fire dancer in the world at any minute.

  • Curiously I only came up with 2 funny things.

Here are a couple of random photos from the trip. The rest are going on to shutterfly today for your complete perusal.

DSCN2107 DSCN2126

DSCN2193 DSCN2270

2 comments:

  1. Nice hat in picture number 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Jen took that picture with the idea of making a joke out of it. Nice huh?

    ReplyDelete