A list before we go…

Ok…I guess it is time for the “What I will miss about Norway” post. We’ve had such a quiet, relaxing time here, it’s hard to believe it’s time to go. I traded lists with my counterpart the other day, I think we both agreed that there was much more to miss, than not. There are probably more things to list than I have here, but this is what I sent him.

In no particular order:

  • The neighborhood and the neighbors. We haven’t spent a lot of time with our new neighbors, but they have been very welcoming and friendly.
  • The view. The magnificent view of the mountains in the morning won’t be easily replaced.
  • The weather. This might seem weird, but I will miss a brisk, cool day and the variety of weather. My mom is going to call me now and offer me the chance to return to Orion.
  • The pace of life. We have enjoyed the slower, laid back lifestyle we have had for these couple of months.
  • Alesund – we have really had a good time exploring the city.
  • Playing with the kids and having so many kids for them to play with. This has been such an opportunity for Sam and Sara. Sara at school has made so many friends. In fact we had 6-8 of the girls over the other day to say goodbye to Sara. Sam has been building a fort with the older boys in the neighborhood for a week now. He will be sad to go.
  • Having the morning off. We’ll see how much longer I enjoy this one, but it has been nice to get up in the morning, grab some coffee, catch up on things and worry about getting to work at 2:00 p.m.

I made the list a little shorter that the one we traded, but I had combined some thoughts. Long story, short, we have had a great time here, hopefully made some new friends, and are looking forward to our next adventure. The Netherlands had better be good, because it is going to be hard to beat Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment