Swing and a miss!


Well my Cardinals are off to a semi-slow start and I guess I'm not that great of a fan if I can't get up at 2:00 a.m. to watch them play I thought I would re-visit or visit things that I miss while travelling.

1. - Hamburgers - I wanted to lead with this one because it would give me an excuse to update the "Hamburger clock" - haven't had a hamburger for almost 9 weeks.

2. - Normal business hours. - I was tempted to go with an "all meat" list because I realize now that I also miss steak, but I miss going to work at, or around 8:30 and being normal. Ok, I'm not sure I'll ever be normal, but working until 10:30p.m. and logging off at exactly 8.5 hours isn't my style. Maybe that isn't normal either as I think about it.

3. - Ice cubes - Now don't get all "What's his problem with ice cubes?" on me. I don't personally miss them, it's more of a curiosity to me than anything. I miss them because Jen makes me run down to the basement to get them from the freezer.

4. - Shorts - Ok this might sound weird, but bear with me. I miss throwing on shorts and a T-shirt and being ready for the day. This goes hand in hand with jackets, socks, boots, hat, scarf, gloves. The climate here has been an enjoyable break, but I had forgotten how complicated living with "weather" was.

Only a 4 item list. That isn't too bad huh? There are probably more, but some of them don't make for interesting reading. I have an entire list of things I don't miss....don't worry Tim, I miss you too. I'll save those for another day.

Go Cards!!

2 comments:

  1. You had me worried until I got down the last line, I was sure I would be #1 on the list of things missed. Do you miss the Swimming Pool? I cannot wait until you get to the next location, I look forward to Sam's posts on the Chicken update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could not figure it out, the last post was from the "favorite" son in St. Louis. LOL....

    ReplyDelete