A Sam upside down cake

Kids are funny. Sam was sitting around wondering what to do yesterday when his kid sense picked something up. He stood up, listened intently and exclaimed…”The kids are outside!” He got Sara to help him with his shoes and coat and off he went. The next thing I know I see him outside the kitchen window, up on the hill, being held upside down by one of the neighborhood boys. Sam has adopted two of the older boys in the neighborhood as his buddies. I’m not sure what they think of the little guy who comes running to play with them every chance he gets, but they seem to have taken him under their wing and let him join in. Yesterday he teamed up with one of the younger boys hanging around and they played for a couple of hours, neither one speaking the others language. Hopefully being held upside down on the side of a small cliff face translates into toughness or strength in the face of adversity when we get home. I guess it could affect him differently and he could start crying whenever he hears the Norwegian language, but I doubt it. He’s having a great time.

Larry Note

I talked with mom and dad yesterday and everything seems good. Every time I talk to my dad he is reading the paper. Now either the Moline Dispatch has expanded their coverage, or my dad spends too much time reading the paper. If anyone wants a good joke to play on Larry, just replace his newspaper with something crazy, or put an old one in its place…like from 1972 or something. There is nothing very new on the medical front, just getting through the remaining chemo treatments and spending a couple of months after that trying to gain some weight and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment